A brilliant opportunity to join our busy procurement team.
What’s it all about?
To lead the business in the implementation of the JDR Sustainable By Nature Strategy. The role will have accountability for owning and delivering several specific elements of the strategy whilst also co-ordinating and programme managing the strategy in its entirety. The purpose of the role is also to facilitate communication and engagement with the strategy across the business and to play a leading role as a technical expert in engagement with retailers and other stakeholders.
1/ Deliver the overall JDR Sustainable By Nature Strategy
- Working with JDR SBN pillar leads to ensure alignment and synergy between elements of the strategy. Eg Lead regular review meetings to ensure all elements of the strategy are working together
- Internal communication of the strategy, its goals and progress updates
- Supporting with employee engagement and training in sustainability
- Supporting the PR and marketing activities to access content and messaging in sustainability
- Reporting to the board (and other concerned stakeholders) regarding overall progress against targets
- Along with pillar leads, make recommendations on the actions and interventions required
2/ Lead specific elements of the JDR Sustainable By Nature strategy
- Scope 3 Carbon and Water- Lead (conceptualise, secure support, deliver and report on) the activities in scope 3 carbon and water management. Work collaboratively with operations colleagues to deliver and aligned plan in carbon and water that delivers the overall Sustainable By Nature goals.
- International supply chain human rights- Lead the workstream focused human rights in our supply chain alongside the procurement team. Accountable for the design and execution of these activities whilst securing the commitment, buy in and participation of the procurement team. Enable JDR to be a force for good in our supply chain & communities
- Nature and agriculture- lead the ‘Helping Nature Thrive’ pillars of the Sustainable By Nature strategy with a focus on regenerative and nature friendly farming in the UK and internationally. Enable JDR to be an industry beacon for nature friendly farming
3/ Stakeholder Engagement and PR
- External stakeholders
- Represent JDR in the capacity of technical expert engaging with relevant retailer contacts
- Act as an ambassador for JDR through participating in industry and NGO events
- Lead / attend sub meetings with specific stakeholders- eg DEFRA farm visits, ABF visits
- Proactively network on behalf of JDR, promoting our sustainability credentials and exploring new opportunities
- Deploy expertise and experience in project and partnership management, particularly with NGO stakeholders
- Internal stakeholders
- Support the Sustainable By Nature PR pillar leads by:
- Weaving an understanding of PR needs into the operational activities of the Sustainable By Nature strategy
- Translating complex technical sustainability concepts into simple language appropriate for use in external comms
- Help prepare and deliver retailer engagement sessions
- Act as the primary point of contact within ABF for supply chain reporting needs, wider ABF stakeholder engagement and cross-group project initiatives
- Support the Sustainable By Nature PR pillar leads by:
4/ Day to day tasks:
- Support the procurement team in the implementation of ethical and sustainability standards in the supply chain.
- Engage and energise the procurement team around sustainability and provide in house consultancy
- Project management of supply chain initiatives in uk ag, carbon, water and human rights
- Partner management- including sourcing, contracting, and relationship management
- Annual reporting on sustainability- including but not limited to plastic tax, plastic pact, future reporting on carbon and human rights, customer data requests and ABF internal audits
Supporting the business strategy- route 300
- In addition to the above – contributing to the business goals through active participation in business forums and activities
- Focus on personal development and reflection.
- Other projects and tasks as director by line manager.
What does "great" look like?
- Confident approach with stakeholders, building credibility quickly but willing to listen to others
- ‘Self starter’ /proactive
- Sound judgement on decision making and escalation
- Creative thinking to complex challenges
- Capable time management and prioritisation
- Good interpersonal and team skills, supporting within own and wider team
- Motivated by sustainability and our brands heritage
- A passion for supply chains and procurement
- Authenticity in style
- Business-first approach
- A passionate and compelling communicator
- Focus on inclusivity and personal development
- Proactive approach to problem solving and breaking down barriers to communication
- Delivers to time and quality on all projects/areas of responsibilities
- Drive and passion
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Functional experience in procurement and/or supply chain as well is in sustainability
- Ideally regenerative agriculture experience
- Project/partnership management
- Line management or experience of leading through others
- Human rights and/or international supply chain experience preferred
- Experience working with marketing or PR teams preferred
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.