Reporting to the Shift Manager, the purpose of this role is to run the production line whilst maintaining the high standards of food quality and health and safety.
What’s it all about?
Do you thrive working as part of a team, meeting customer demand, with a safety first agenda? If so we may have the opportunity for you!
We have great opening to join our Bardney team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to run the production line to manufacture our fantastic products.
We currently run a shift pattern Monday to Friday, 8 hour pattern to include 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am.
The role will require the highest standard of good housekeeping and good manufacturing practice at all times. Ensuring that all downtime, weight and quality checks, waste and production data is recorded consistently and accurately, and immediate response to incidents of production downtime and liaising with the Engineers for technical faults. The role also requires cleaning down in between product changes and at the end of the week and performing product changes while ensuring waste and downtime are kept to a minimum.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good solid decisions following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement: escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to the company SPIRIT behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Proactively seeks training, coaching or developmental opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Flexible approach
- Uses skills to help others
- Understands objectives set and delivers against these, seeking support where needed
Experience and Skills
Previous experience of working within a food production environment
• Team working skill and examples of good relationships with peers and managers
• Understands importance of effective shift handovers
You will be working in a challenging and busy environment, therefore you will need to make sound and timely decisions withing the scope of the role, with an understanding of when to escalate issues. You will have the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues in all departments and be a role model for health, safety and food hygiene.
You will also take ownership for your performance, challenge poor standards and practices and have the ability to motivate yourself and others.
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**