Head of Brands – Ryvita and dorset Cereals
An exciting opportunity to join our marketing team as the Head of Brands for Ryvita and dorset Cereals
What’s it all about?
Get ready to add some flavour to your career at Jordans Dorset Ryvita.
We are on the lookout for a Head of Brand with the creativity to inspire and drive the performance of our awesome brands, Ryvita and Dorset cereals.
If you are ready to bring the fun to breakfast and snack time, join our team and together we can double the size of both brands over the next 10 years.
We have started to re-imagine Ryvita and are looking for the next brand champion to come and drive the plan that’s been developed.
We are looking at how we bring the next generation of consumers into the brand. We are looking for someone that can come in and develop a strategy to drive the next wave of growth.
Our growth will come from excellent NPD launches, supported by high reaching comms that is clearly distinct from our competitors.
You will have an important role to play in the collective leadership of the Marketing team.
We are building a team of highly engaged, capable challenger Marketeers who can punch above their weight
what will you be doing?
Proven track record of orchestrating brand magic and driving large scale growth, preferably in the foodie realm.
- Lead, direct and champion brand, communications, portfolio and innovation for the Ryvita and dorset cereals brands that will ensure volume, revenue and profit growth.
A wizard at strategic thinking and bringing new consumers into brands.
- Add to the capability, systems and processes within Ryvita and Dorset, raising standards in strategic thinking, creativity of marketing activity and quality of product and in market execution.
Evidence of creating long term mental availability and consistency through all consumer touchpoints.
A curious mind that wants to dig deep for insight and turn it into amazing ideas with excellent execution.
- Lead thinking on how to win versus our competitors, outside of the box thinking and continuous improvement on our ways of working. Ensure that competitor activity is monitored/evaluated; devise and recommend actions to thwart competitor plans.
- Inspirational & passionate leader to your team and others in the business.
- Be a key lead in the Marketing leadership team, building, sustaining and motivating a high quality and performing marketing team.
- Take responsibility for alignment of the operating board and senior leadership teams to the brand strategies and plans in addition to supporting the teams in ensuring that all parts of the organisation buy into the plans and recognise their part in them.
- Manage key relationships with all brand agency partners, ensuring optimum teamwork and value for money.
- Lead the brand growth team working alongside other functional leaders to deliver the brands 5-10 year growth ambition.
Our Marketing Director is looking for a team member to...
- Bring our 10-year growth strategy to life.
- Elevate brand equity to new heights, creating sustainable mental availability that’s distinctive and contagious.
- Drive core brand growth.
- Launch innovative new propositions outside our current categories.
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.
What does "great" look like?
- Uses entrepreneurial thinking and great judgment to drive delivery and performance of the team. However, still thinks rigorously about the challenge and how to solve it
- Uses minimal resources effectively to achieve ways to win.
- Curious about consumers, seeks input from others and reaches out to get the information needed to make a quality decision
- An authentic leader, able to be open about their reasoning and open to alternative views and challenge
- Builds team capability and performance, strengthening the overall capability of the team.
- Works collaboratively to deliver winning strategies for the business.
- Understands what it takes to effectively manage and champion change, bring people with them on the journey.
- Communicates well, making it simple for others to understand and engage
- Sets the tone; a positive leader who understands themselves and is aware of their impact on others
- Takes decisive action to drive long terms performance and growth for the brands
- Demonstrates a clear passion and drive for results.
- Is open, approachable and has a can-do attitude.
- Energy, drive and delivery, have natural energy and passion for the brand and love of it.
- Ask good questions, has a desire to change things for the better
Experience and Skills
- Significant brand marketing experience at senior levels in branded consumer goods environment (food or drink)
- Highly commercial marketeer with experience of Challenger marketing
- Strong financial acumen, understanding and leveraging profit drivers to maximize returns.
- Have proven experience of finding ways to win versus the competitors