Site General Manager – Biggleswade
We're looking for an inspiring leader to come and lead our Biggleswade Manufacturing site - could this be the perfect role for you?!
What’s it all about?
The role will be responsible for leading our Biggleswade operation, which produces around 25,000 tonnes per year across 7 manufacturing lines and includes the production of Jordans Cereals – Country Crisp, Granola, Porridge and Frusli Bars. You will lead the site senior management team to deliver best in class performance across production, health, safety & environment, food safety, engineering, and continuous improvement whilst ensuring a clear focus on people development. You will have substantial influence over the wider cereals business, shaping and implementing the 2-5 year site strategy with the operational board and cross functional senior leaders, improving the commercial, financial, and operational performance of our Cereals business.
What does "great" look like?
- Leadership: Able to effectively lead and motivate site team to deliver on objectives and strategy. Excellent leadership qualities and ability to build credible leadership across the business
- Team Building: Able to build a cohesive team that works together effectively to deliver the business objectives
- Conflict resolution: Able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Highly numerate, able to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- Excellent decision-making and clarity of thinking skills
- A strength and resilience of character to take the site and business to a new level
- Commercially astute and highly numerate with the ability to analyse and interpret technical and business data
- Highly developed persuasion and influencing skills enabling the individual to manage and influence to all levels of the business
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions
- Self-starter, highly driven and self-motivated to make a significant difference
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently
- Excellent levels of self-awareness
- Strong active management skills: Does not shy away from or avoid positive confrontation in the event of performance issues within the team or across the business
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-changing environment. Keen to get stuck in and operate across functional boundaries
- Continuous Improvement Focus: A strong bias towards actively seeking ways to improve plant performance and methods of operation
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems. Able to use root cause analysis to identify, assess and select the most appropriate course of action to resolve issues
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under extreme pressure and to effectively manage team in such situations
- Communication: ability to communicate at all levels – from ABF Board through to the JDR Board through the operational teams across all functions. Excellent communication style that’s motivating, clear and gets things moving
Experience and Skills
In this role, we’re looking for somebody who role models our JDR leadership behaviours; somebody who makes great choices, makes it happen and inspires others. You’ll need to be an inspiring leader who is able to motivate and engage the site team to deliver on objectives and strategy, striking the right balance across production, HSE & food safety, with a people-first approach. You’ll need experience in senior food manufacturing roles, strong commercial acumen and excellent stakeholder management skills.
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**