Senior Category Manager
We need your creative and analytical skills to develop and execute best-in-class Category plans with our strategic customers!
What’s it all about?
At a time when the retail environment has never been more dynamic, we have a brilliant opportunity to join our team. This role will involve working with leading brands in the Cereals and Savoury Biscuits categories, collaborating with top grocery accounts to deliver and implement a forward-thinking strategy. We are looking for someone who can turn insight into action and deliver tangible results for the business through excellent trade relationships.
This role is pivotal in developing the category vision and plans to support our growth ambition in our key accounts. You will be responsible for owning the category relationships with our customers, working cross functionally internally to develop the right plans for the customers, and providing compelling insight and rationale to drive growth and customer engagement. Reporting to the Head of UK Category, Online and Activation, we are looking for somebody with a natural curiosity and a passion for Category Management, with proven experience of key account insight and analysis and delivering growth through category leadership, utilising the Sales Fundamentals. If you are excited about joining our online journey, please get in touch!
What does "great" look like?
- Ability to see the bigger picture and focus on the key insights – specifically a long term view of strategy balanced with immediate actions
- Balance consumer, trade and internal needs (triple win)
- Ability to apply knowledge & instinct to confidently recommend & make decisions
- Ability to utilise data sources to develop compelling strategic commercial propositions and recommendations
- Strong attention to detail.
- Build relationships based on passion for the channel & credibility of insight
- Adopts a pro-active & consultative approach
- Manages stake holders at all levels effectively
- Confidence to challenge to make a difference
- Passion to achieve results
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment
- Agile and forward thinking
Experience and Skills
• Proven FMCG experience in category development, key accounts & market insight analysis and delivering growth through category leadership
• A future-focused mindset – demonstrating curiosity about industry trends
• Delivering strategic plans, analysing measuring and delivering results
• Experience of TNS/IRI/AC Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Aimia
You Might Also Have/Be
• Able to demonstrate how you have made a difference in your current role / business.