Process Operative (Days) – 12 month FTC
A brilliant opportunity to join our vital manufacturing team
What’s it all about?
The core focus of this role is to work a part of a team responsible for the blending and baking of raw materials, to safety and quality standards. We expect all our employees to demonstrate safety 1st behaviour by keeping self and others safe.
- Ensure all Health & Safety documentation and policies are followed and completed
- Control OEE, wastage and plant efficiency
- Handling and preparation of raw materials used in the manufacture of food products
- Ensure all quality, quality documentation and hygiene procedures are followed, and identify potential improvement areas
- Maintain excellent standards of product quality by consistently checking all raw materials and finished product are to the required standards whilst at the same time ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum
- Use the systems in place to accurately control and co-ordinate raw materials, packaging, consumables and finished goods
- Proactively engage in training, proactively seek training and support to develop and improve skills level
- Consistently follow Company behaviours: be down to earth with an adult approach, have an owner lead mentality, be proud of our business, brands and people
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds the safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement – escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Understands objectives set, and delivers against these, seeking support where needed
- Uses skills to help others
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience of working within a food production environment
- Team working skills and examples of good relationships with peers and managers
- Understands the importance of effective shift handovers
- Holding an FLT license or being interested in taking one would be preferable
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.