Packing Operative – Nights
A brilliant opportunity to join our Production team
What’s it all about?
The core focus of this role is to work with a team responsible for the set up and effective running of end of line packing machinery. Be able to complete minor fault finding whilst running. Maintain good accurate stock control on all materials used. We expect all our employees to demonstrate safety 1st behaviour by keeping self and others safe.
- Be aware of Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Working whilst operating machinery and equipment, provide a safe working environment for self and others
- Assist with the handling and packing of product by operating specified machinery
- Maintain excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness necessary in a food production environment
- Maintain excellent standards of product and packaging quality whilst at the same time ensuring that waste is kept to a minimum
- Collate, record or interpret information for effective role delivery and continuous improvement:
- Proactively engage in training, proactively seek training and support to develop and improve skills level
- Consistently follow Company behaviours: be down to earth with an adult approach, have an owner lead mentality, be proud of our business, brands and people.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement – escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to the company SPIRIT behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Uses skills to help others
- Understands objectives set, and delivers against these, seeking support where needed
Experience and Skills
- Previous experience of working within a food production environment
- Team working skills and examples of good relationships with peers and managers
- Understands the importance of effective shift handovers
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.