Multi-Skilled Operative – Biggleswade – Nights
Do you thrive working as part of a team, meeting customer demand, with a safety first agenda? We may have the opportunity for you!
What’s it all about?
The focus of the role will be the handling and preparation of raw materials used to manufacture our fantastic products, whilst improving wastage and line efficiency. You will ensure all quality documentation and hygiene processes are completed and followed, whilst always seeking ways in which we can improve our ways of working.
Being aware of Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Working whilst operating machinery and equipment is pivotal to the role, ensuring that you provide a safe working environment for yourself and others.
Whilst aligning yourself to company behaviours, you will be able to make good decisions, following the right processes and relevant systems, and continuously striving for an environment of focus, energy and drive within our factory.
You will understand the importance of the team and develop good relationships with your team.
Previous experience of working within a food production environment is desirable but not essential.
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds safety of self and others as a number 1 priority
- Makes good solid decisions following the right processes and relevant systems
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards
- Identifies areas for improvement: escalate and/or action solutions
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to the company SPIRIT behaviours
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory
- Proactively seeks training, coaching or developmental opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers
- Flexible approach
- Uses skills to help others
- Understands objectives set and delivers against these, seeking support where needed
Experience and Skills
• Previous experience of working within a food production environment
• Team working skill and examples of good relationships with peers and managers
• Understands importance of effective shift handovers
Salary £27,000 - £28,000 per annum. Plus **£500 Joining bonus**