Machine Minder – Days
A brilliant opportunity to join our Production team
What’s it all about?
Responsible for the set up and running of packing machinery producing high quality packs of finished products. Work within the guidelines for food safety and quality. Be responsible for the safe effective running of high speed packing machines against daily targets whilst conducting on line quality checks. Be able to fault find issues on the line to ensure effective running.
- Be aware of Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Working whilst operating machinery and equipment, provide a safe working environment for self and others
- Rectify simple machine operational faults and report more complex faults to the Engineering Team
- Minimise downtime on the line ensuring all machines are running at the correct speeds as defined by machine speed criteria
- Managing own work area, keeping it hygienic and tidy including the correct stage of machine parts and tools
- Accurate recording of information relating to quality of product or its constituent parts including pre-start checks and quality index
- Proactively engage in training, proactively seek training and support to develop and improve skills level
- Consistently follow Company behaviours: be down to earth with an adult approach, have an owner lead mentality, be proud of our business, brands and people
What does "great" look like?
- Upholds Safety of self and others as a number 1 priority.
- Makes good decisions following the right processes and relevant systems.
- Ensures issues are rectified swiftly and in line with standards.
- Identifies areas for improvement: escalate and/or action solutions.
- Able to demonstrate an approach that is aligned to our Company behaviours.
- Works to achieve an environment of focus, energy and drive in the factory.
- Proactively seeks training or development opportunities, taking an interest in own skills matrix.
- Happy to receive feedback from manager and peers.
- Uses skills to help others.
- Understands objectives set and delivers against these, seeking support where needed.
Experience and Skills
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.