Interim Site Technical Systems Manager
A brilliant opportunity to join our vital manufacturing team
What’s it all about?
The core focus of this role is to provide assurance and expertise on all systems relating to food safety, quality and compliance matters relating to manufacturing standards for the Poole site in accordance with the SPIRIT of the business ensuring zero harm to consumers and employees.
- Lead the sites Quality Management System. This includes the implementation of policies, procedures and food safety and quality systems, to ensure compliance with JDR, BRC/GFSI, retailer codes of practise in order to protect our customer and brand
- Leads the Technical Systems team with a strong emphasis on line management, training and development. Including performance reviews, setting / measuring objectives, coaching, mentoring, management and monitoring of day-to-day activities
- Interact with other sites in JDR to implement Quality Management Systems alignment
- Responsible for arranging required audits for the site
- Participates on all 3rd party and customer audits and visits. Has responsibility for ensuring any audit action points are closed within the agreed timescale and reported to the customer/ 3rd party audit provider
- Responsible for internal and external non-conformance verification
- Responsible for considering extensions to non-conformance close out timescales
- Responsible for delivering root cause analysis training
- Responsible for delivering food safety and quality training as per the ‘Safe food safe people’ matrix
- Completion of customer documentation e.g. SAQs, KPIs, surveys
- Conducts relevant risk assessments and ensures reviews take place at required intervals or in the case of any change (e.g. allergen risk assessment).
- Supports the crisis management process (e.g. secretarial and or co-ordinator duties specifically ensuring forwards and backwards traceability)
- Identify appropriate actions following emerging issues (alerts received internally and externally) within the food industry which may impact upon JDR Food Safety & Quality Systems e.g. microbiological testing
- To deputise for the Technical Manager and the Quality & Compliance Manager when required
What does "great" look like?
- Where you can demonstrate actively identifying and implementing continuous improvement benefits to the business
- Actively contribute to day to day and longer term problem solving
- Act in accordance with and promote the SPIRIT of JDR
- Be a role model for health, safety and food hygiene
- Build effective relationships in an authentic manner
- You will prioritise effectively and project a consistent, calm and confident image under pressure
- Challenge the status quo and does not accept poor standards
- Self-starter who looks for gaps in current approach
- Results focused
- Inspires team to get things done
- Develop the team to embrace and adapt to change
Experience and Skills
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.