HSE Manager – Poole
A brilliant opportunity to join our Poole operations team
What’s it all about?
Reporting to the business Head of Health, Safety and Environment, the purpose of this position is to assist in driving the JDR Health and Safety strategy at the Poole site.
You will operate as part of the HSE function, with strong links to Poole Leadership and Manufacturing teams on a day to day basis as well as developing a robust relationship with Site General Manager.
The core focus of this role is to play a key part in a team achieving a performance level where the site can truly claim to be and recognised both internally and externally as “Best in Class”. You will support in setting standards for HS&E matters and ensuring compliance is maintained on site.
- Work with the Head of HSE and business HSE teams to ensure a that HSE vision and strategy is aligned with business and site-specific needs
- Be an ambassador for change in the business
- Provide advice and guidance to the site leadership team on health and safety issues
- Work with the Site General Manager to develop a site Health, Safety & Environment strategy and action plan to fit with the site objectives, projects and priorities
- Design and work with the training team to deliver internal H&S training
- Audit, review and manage HSE systems
- Prepare accurate period performance reports for the site and wider business
- Ensure all site HSE administration is accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Assist with health and safety budget to include responsibility for the effective placement of purchase orders and processing of invoices.
- Organisation of site-specific health and safety, and environmental meetings (from producing the agenda, making bookings with people and venues, to producing minutes and recording actions).
- Prepare presentational material to ensure that HSE data is presented in a logical and engaging format to influence others in the business
- Health and safety communications for corporate safety and environmental messages to ensure that communication is timely and effective eg., compiling safety alerts, tool box talks etc.
- Prepares and distributes statistics, including period end reports
- Support planning, scheduling and managing the internal and external health and safety audit processes and follow up actions eg., ERM, SML audits
- Support corporate emergency planning administration and resource training organisation
- Demonstrate the highest personal health and safety standards at all times and work effectively with other team members to carry out the tasks safely and effectively
- Work with occupational health and HR to ensure that health is managed in equal measure to safety
- Act in accordance with the JDR Values and behaviours
- The role has autonomy for managing their workload
- To work with the Head of HSE and business Environmental Manager to ensure that the day-to-day environmental requirements are managed in a timely manner.
What does "great" look like?
- Able to demonstrate where you have made great judgment calls, whilst understanding the wider impact to the business.
- You will be able to make the right decisions under pressure demonstrating consideration of different priority areas requirements
- You will have an excellent track record in problem solving, where you can demonstrate actively identifying and implementing continuous improvement with benefits to the business.
- You demonstrate Passion for the SPIRIT behaviours and these fit with your own working style.
- Strong team ethics and a flexible approach are essential qualities for this role as is personal energy and a determination to make a difference.
- Challenge the status quo and you don’t accept poor standards.
- Inspire others to get things done whilst also delivering results yourself.
- You will be able to demonstrate how your coaching and mentoring skills have brought out the best in your team.
Experience and Skills
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.