Head of Brand – Jordans (Hybrid)
Fantastic opportunity to inspire and drive the performance of our awesome Jordans brand
What’s it all about?
An exciting opportunity to join and be part of a leading organisation with ambitious 5-year growth plans and lots of potential both within the Jordans Dorset Ryvita Marketing team and the wider ABF group, reporting into the Marketing Director.
This is a fantastic opportunity to inspire and drive the performance of our awesome Jordans brand and deliver a real step change in growth. As a start point our new Head of Brand will be driving the next phase of our successful Tasty by Nature comms campaign and how it can support our NPD moving forwards.
- Lead, direct and champion brand, communications, portfolio and EPD for the Jordans brand that will ensure volume, revenue and profit growth.
- Be a key lead in the Marketing leadership team, building, sustaining and motivating a high quality and performing marketing team.
- Take responsibility for alignment of the operating board and senior leadership teams to the brand strategies and plans in addition to supporting the teams in ensuring that all parts of the organisation buy into the plans and recognise their part in them.
- Provide direction and leadership to the team in order to deliver effective communication and EPD plans based on consumer insight.
- Oversee communication plans from creative through to media development and execution.
- Manage key relationships with all brand agency partners, ensuring optimum teamwork and value for money.
- Add to the capability, systems and processes within Jordans, Dorset, Ryvita raising standards in strategic thinking, creativity of marketing activity and quality of product and in market execution
- Lead the Jordans brand growth team working alongside other functional leaders to deliver the brands 5-10 year growth ambition.
- To be instrumental in our Jordans Global Network meeting to help other smaller markets develop Jordans internationally
- Ensure that competitor activity is monitored/evaluated; devise and recommend actions to thwart competitor plans.
What does "great" look like?
- Uses entrepreneurial thinking and great judgement to drive delivery and performance of the team. However, still thinks rigorously about the challenge and how to solve it.
- Uses minimal resources effectively to achieve ways to win.
- Curious about consumers, seeks input from others and reaches out to get the information needed to make a quality decision.
- An authentic leader, able to be open about their reasoning and open to alternative views and challenge.
- Builds team capability and performance, strengthening the overall capability of the team.
- Works collaboratively to deliver winning strategies for the business.
- Understands what it takes to effectively manage and champion change, bring people with them on the journey.
- Communicates well, making it simple for others to understand and engage.
- Sets the tone; a positive leader who understands themselves and is aware of their impact on others.
- Takes decisive action to drive long terms performance and growth for the brands.
- Demonstrates a clear passion and drive for results.
- Is open, approachable and has a can-do attitude.
- Energy, drive and delivery, have natural energy and passion for the brand and love of it.
- Ask good questions, has a desire to change things for the better.
Experience and Skills
The role will focus in on how we ensure Jordans wins in our marketplace by continually upgrading our products and packaging and communicating new news in creative ways. We are looking for a highly commercial marketeer, with significant brand experience and natural energy and passion for our brands. We need someone who uses entrepreneurial thinking, great judgement and rigour to drive delivery and the performance of the team. Could this be you?
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**