Food Safety Team Leader
A great opportunity to join our team at Bardney Ryvita. Reporting into the Technical Manager you will drive food safety standards and lead and develop the hygiene and food safety related systems and procedures according to legal, corporate and customer requirements
What’s it all about?
A great opportunity to join our team at Bardney Ryvita. Reporting into the Technical Manager you will drive food safety standards and lead and develop the hygiene and food safety related systems and procedures according to legal, corporate and customer requirements. You will lead the facilities Hygiene team and support the Operations and Quality team to ensure food safety related tasks are carried out in a manner to deliver food safety, legality, quality and integrity of products manufactured.
The role will be accountable for the performance of food safety KPIs. This encompasses delivery against technical KPIs including complaints, audit close-outs, team 1-2-1’s and absence management.
You will ensure your team and the Operations teams who conduct cleaning tasks have the appropriate skills and development to be the best they can be.
You will implement the actions arising from the site allergen cross-contact reduction plan and make practical recommendations for continuous improvement.
You will ensure that the site is audit ready at all times.
What does "great" look like?
- Applies good thinking, logic and instinct to make good judgement calls
- Curious, seeks input from others and reaches out to get the information needed to make a quality decision
- An authentic leader, able to be open about their reasoning and receptive to alternative views and challenge
- Inspires themselves and others to achieve aspirational goals
- Communicates well, making it simple for others to understand and engage
- Encourages and works collaboratively, recognising the value of individual contributions and perspectives
- Adds energy to finding solutions and implementing plans
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties and works hard to minimise and keep things on track
- Ask good questions, has a desire to change things for the better
Experience and Skills
You will be a subject matter expert on food safety, show ownership and accountability for site food safety and be prepared to deliver on food safety and quality audits.
- A Food Science or equivalent degree is essential.
- Food manufacturing experience - ideally in bakery sector
- Experience developing cleaning methods with knowledge of allergen management including cleaning validation methods
- Thorough understanding of food legislation including process contaminants
- Working knowledge of BRC - essential
- Internal auditing ability (preferable lead assessor)
- HACCP trained to intermediate level
- Contractor management experience
- Computer Literate - essential
- Leadership experience
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**