A brilliant opportunity to create, lead and optimise the Bardney Site Engineering team
What’s it all about?
You will operate as part of Bardney Site Leadership, building the talents within a team of 15 and the Food Safety culture that has been built in this new site. You will be playing a key role in ensuring that engagement and high levels of performance remain a priority through the ongoing operation of this state of the art new bakery. The bakery is designed to manufacture Ryvita Crispbread and Ryvita Thins products.
The job holder will be the Engineering Ambassador for the Bardney Site both within and outside of the JDR business.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Engineering policy standards and systems operate in accordance with the Company’s, BRC and customer standards and requirements.
- To drive and deliver capital projects to required business expectations and timeframes.
- Provides Engineering support to the site leadership and external project teams and to external customers where necessary.
- Implement a ‘downtime prevention’ approach and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure optimum production asset availability through the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that processes are implemented and managed to identify and deliver against the Engineering training and behavioural needs for the sites.
- Works closely and co-operatively with support functional managers and their teams on change activities, particularly in relation to Health & Safety, Quality, Equipment and Site Structure, Efficiency, Operations and HR.
- Responsible for adhering to safe systems of work processes and acting in a safe manner to protect the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
- To promote a culture of positive safety behaviours within your team, demonstrate strong safety leadership and address unsafe behaviours and working practices to coach the right behaviours.
- To promote a culture of environmental awareness with positive action taken to reduce our energy useage and reduce waste streams.
- Follow all Quality systems and procedures to ensure our products meet food safety (HACCP), legal and customer requirements as well as maintaining external standards eg BRC, IFS, Femas.
- You will deputise for the Site Operations Manager
What does "great" look like?
- Leadership: Able to effectively lead and motivate site team to deliver on objectives
- Team building: Able to build a cohesive team that works together effectively to deliver the team objectives
- Conflict resolution: Able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Able to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- Excellent decision-making and clarity of thinking skills
- A strength and resilience of character to take the site and business to a new level
- Commercially astute and highly numerate with the ability to analyse and interpret technical and business data
- Highly developed persuasion and influencing skills enabling the individual to manage and influence to all levels of the business
- The personal presence and professional credibility necessary to have an immediate impact with internal contacts and central functions
- A motivated team player that is also able to work independently
- Excellent levels of self-awareness
- Strong active management skills: Does not shy away from or avoid positive confrontation in the event of performance issues within the team
- Communication skills: Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast paced changing environment during factory commissioning
- Keen to get stuck in and operate across functional boundaries
- Continuous improvement focus: A strong bias towards actively seeking ways to improve plant performance and methods of operation
- Problem solving: A focused, pragmatic approach to solving problems. Able to use root cause analysis to identify, assess and select the most appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Ability to work under pressure: Able to remain calm under pressure and to effectively manage team in such situations
Experience and Skills
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**