Come and kick start your Engineering career with us!
What’s it all about?
We have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join our high performing engineering team. This engineering apprenticeship will be focused on maintenance engineering but also give exposure to all aspects of the Engineering function. In this role you’ll be working with a friendly and committed team operating in a fast-paced environment, in a site where personal and food safety is paramount. Key responsibilities will including supporting equipment maintenance, being involved in preventative maintenance schemes, breakdown repairs, site services and improvement/capital projects.
The ideal candidate must be hands on, a willingness to learn, have an understanding in mechanical and electrical system maintenance and improvement. A “can do” attitude and a proactive mindset alongside a genuine interest to continuously improve things will be looked for in applicants for this opportunity. A commitment for self-study is necessary. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, driven to succeed, confident, committed to the apprenticeship (workplace and college), have a genuine interest in engineering.
What does "great" look like?
- Understands the equipment and is able to deliver a great maintenance service accordingly.
- Able to take a broad view, whilst delivering necessary interventions.
- Will do the ‘right thing’ when it comes to Safety, Quality, Cost, Time and Environment
- Aligned to our culture
- Helpful, interested and task orientated
- Able to build great relationships with colleagues - a real Team Player.
- A role model for Health and Safety and Food Safety.
- Committed to make the site an ‘even better place to work’.
- Enjoys training developing and learning new skills
- Delivers results whilst getting things done.
- Does not accept or deliver poor standards.
- Self-motivated and able to achieve in a fast paced, changing environment.
Experience and Skills
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Communicates in a clear and concise manner
• Interest in both electrical and mechanical engineering
• 5 GCSEs at A-C, including English, Maths, and Science
• UCAS 120 points made up of either a BTec Level 3 in an Engineering discipline or A level Maths and Science (or equivalent)
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**