A brilliant opportunity to join our vital manufacturing team
What’s it all about?
As a Controls engineering for our factory who will have responsibility for the maintenance, installation, repair and commissioning of control and automation systems onsite. The factory is 5 years old and highly automated within the food manufacturing industry using a range of controls systems. A Controls engineer for Bardney must be adaptable, striving to find creative solutions to problems as they arise and assist in the implementation of predictive maintenance plans. They must be able to analyse plant processes and help make improvements based on their extensive knowledge of electronics, engineering, and mechanics. The role requires a self-starter who can use a mixture of data and interpersonal skills to identify where the focus areas will be. They will be the expert in their field with years of experience behind them, this knowledge should be able to be passed to the shift engineers to upskill across the wider team where appropriate. The Controls engineer will report directly into the Engineering Manager and will work alongside the wider engineering function and factory functions to ensure improved plant reliability and performance.
- To take responsibility for your own safety and do what you can to ensure the safety of others by reporting unsafe observations and repairing unsafe conditions under the guidance of your supervisor.
- To provide energy reduction schemes to reduce our environmental impact.
- To support site with the Food safety culture in the manufacturing environment.
- To work safely by applying sound engineering principles and safe systems of work e.g. isolations, permit to work, risk assessment, whilst working across a diverse range of equipment and associated hazards.
- To take responsibility for your own development and ensuring you are progressing the skills gaps regularly.
- To Maintain, instal, repair and commission the of control and automation systems onsite.
- To control health check on all automation on site with process improvement recommendation. Conducting fixes where appropriate. Researching suitable solutions and estimating costs and timescales.
- To create a maintenance health check for all controls elements of site.
- To take responsibility for version control and tracking of software/hardware.
- To develop and implement preventative maintenance checks.
- To complete software updates, including the management and control of these updates.
- Ensuring all relevant personnel, including panel Engineers, Team Leaders and relevant operators have a full understanding of all process control applications and how to operate them.
- Support MC – Shutdown/Step up EM.
- Create strong relationships with key external suppliers for automation in our factory.
- To work as a flexible and motivated member of the engineering team.
- To work cross functionally as part of the day-to-day management team for the factory.
- To develop your communication, professional and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for developing a sound and thorough understanding of the equipment, plant and processes.
- Promptly and thoroughly completes all tasks, capturing the correct follow-on activities.
- To be able to be flexible in your approach to work, able to communicate technical information to those who are not technical and teach others in the engineering team.
- Proactive approach to the identification of problems, whilst coordinating with the relevant key personnel.
- To take part in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA).
What does "great" look like?
- Ability to diagnose problems and repair machinery
- Able to take a long-term view in identifying improvements, as well as focusing on delivering current projects
- Able to effectively manage and resolve conflicts both within the team and with external stakeholders
- Able to analyse and interpret data and formulate solid action plans to improve performance
- A strength and resilience of character to take the site and business to a new level
- Aligned with our culture and values
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with those who are on shift
- You will always work safely and follow the company Health and Safety rules
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Able to communicate using non-technical language to ensure that any issues are clearly understood by all concerned
- Results focused - takes accountability and pride in delivery
- Self-starter, can work up an engineering plan, agree scope of work and lead through to implementation
- Ability to be influential and persuasive when clear decisions need to be made
- Inquisitive and challenging and does not accept poor standards
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Experience and Skills
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**