Category Buyer – Ingredient and Third Party
An exciting opportunity to join our vital procurement team.
What’s it all about?
An exciting opportunity to join and be part of a leading organisation with ambitious 5-year growth plans and lots of potential both within the Jordans Dorset Ryvita Procurement team and the wider ABF group.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this role is based in Biggleswade, with hybrid working (approx. 1 -2 days a week in the office). This is a great opportunity to be involved in managing the ingredients that go into our great tasting, honest, real food!
The role will involve a wide range of responsibilities including day to day management of selected ingredients and third party manufacturing categories (sourcing, spend, supply, risk), developing and executing the category plan, working with the wider JDR business on projects whilst driving value and innovation. Close cross functional working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders is also a key part of the role.
What does "great" look like?
- Confident approach with stakeholders, building credibility quickly but willing to listen to others
- 'Self starter' and proactive
- Sound judgement on decision making and when to escalate
- Creative thinking to challenge existing processes and attitudes
- Good interpersonal skills and good team player, supporting within own and wider team
- A focus on ethical and sustainable supply chain management
- Authenticity in style
- Business-first approach
- Operates in a manner which encourages internal consultation/communication with stakeholders rather than operating in a parochial way
- Focus on inclusivity and personal development
- Proactive approach to problem solving and breaking down barriers to communication
- Delivers to time and quality on all projects/areas of responsibilities
- Drive and passion
Experience and Skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- An interest in sustainability, responsible sourcing, markets and commodities
- Achieved cost savings/service improvements using traditional and creative procurement approaches whilst maintaining service and quality
- Ideally evidence of category management
- Negotiating and defining contract terms is preferred
- Project management
At Jordans Dorset Ryvita, our brands have great credentials in environmental sustainability and working with farmers to protect the countryside. Our brands are naturally delicious and sold internationally worldwide. We’re also a friendly bunch who support each other to do the very best we can and make JDR a great place to work.
Jordans Dorset Ryvita is part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group, employing 128,000 employees worldwide.
**To view this job and apply, please follow the link below to be redirected to our new careers page:
Once there, click the search button to find the role.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BOX BELOW TO APPLY**